|Guide to major Jewish organizations, sites, and websites in Greece
|The Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki.
|INTERNET LINKS Athens
- Sephardic Beth Shalom Synagogue: 5 Melidoni Street, Thissio, Tel: 210 325 2773.
- Romaniote Synagogue: 8 Melidoni Street, Thissio (open primarily on High Holidays).
- Central Board of Jewish Communities in Greece: 36 Voulis Street, Tel: 210 324 4315-18, Fax: 210 331 3852, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Jewish Community Headquarters: 8 Melidoni Street, Tel: 210 325 2823, fax: 210 322 0761, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jewish Cultural Centre: 9 Visssarionos & Sina Streets, 2nd floor, Tel: 210 363 7092, 210 360 8896.
- Jewish Museum of Greece: 39 Nikis Street, Tel: 210 322 5582, Fax: 210 323 1557 (open daily, except Saturday, from 10 am to 2 pm), email: email@example.com, website www.jewishmuseum.gr.
- Jewish Cemetery and Holocaust Monument: in the Third Cemetery of Athens, in the suburb of Nikea, Piraeus.7.
- Ancient Synagogue: in the heart of the ancient Agora.
- Jewish Youth Square: Pafou Square, Patissia.
- Jewish Elementary School: in the suburb of Paleo Psychico.
- Monastirioton Synagogue: 35 Sygrou Street, Tel: 2310 524 968 (open mainly on High Holidays).
- Yad Lezicaron Synagogue: 24 Vassileos Irakliou Street, Tel: 2310 223 231.
- Community headquarters, Rabbinate, and Cultural Club: 24 Tsimiski Street, Tel: 2310 272 840, 2310 275 701, 2310 221 124, 2310 277 803, and 2310 221 030, Fax: 2310-229063, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.jct.gr.
- Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki: 13 Aghiou Mina Street, Tel: 2310 250 406 (open Tuesday to Friday 11 am to 2 pm, and Wednesday and Thursday 5 pm to 8 pm), email: email@example.com.
- Jewish Cemetery and Holocaust Monument: in the suburb of Stavroupolis.
- Jewish Holocaust Martyrs Square: between Papanastassiou, Priamou and Karakassi streets, in the center of town.
- Holocaust Monument: in the square surrounded by Neas Egnatias, Papanastasiou and Kleanthous Streets.
- Jewish Elementary School: 17 Fleming Street.
- Mosaic Synagogue floor: reconstructed near the entrance of the Archaeological Museum.
- Pulieza Synagogue: Koumoundourou Street.
- Jewish Quarter: remains near the fortress.
- Synagogue: 35 Kotsou Street, Tel: 22210 80690 (open only on Saturday and High Holidays).
- Community Headquarters: 35 Kotsou Street.
- Jewish Cemetery, Museum and Holocaust Monument: Greek Jewish Holocaust Martyrs Street.
- Jewish Quarter: in the market place behind Avandon Street with a marble bust of the collonel Mordechai Frizis.
- Chalkis Byzantine Museum: Jewish manuscripts and inscriptions.
- Jewish Quarter: remains in the Francomahalas area.
- Chios Museum: Jewish inscriptions.
- "Greca" Synagogue: Velissariou Street (open on High Holidays).
- Jewish Community Headquarters: 5 Risospaston Voulefton Street, Tel: 26610 45650, Fax: 26610 43791.
- Holocaust Monument: Neou Frouriou Square.
- Talmoud Torah School: in a side street of Velissariou.
- "Pulieza" Synagogue: only the "echal" has remained in Palaiologou Street.
- Jewish Quarter: in the center of town.
- Jewish Villa: Iacovou Polyla and Rizospaston Voulephton Streets.
- Chania Jewish Quarter: near the Venetian harbor.
- Chania "Etz Hayyim" Synagogue: Parodos Kondilaki, Tel: 28210 86286 (open daily), email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.etz-hayyim-hania.org.
- Ancient Synagogue: remains, inscriptions.
- Holocaust Monument: Katsantoni Street, on the site of the former Synagogue.
- Jewish Quarter: in Agia Varvara neighborhood.
- Holocaust Monument: in the park of Agia Varvara.
- Cemetery: remains, at the Kratika area, Dimosthenous Street.
- Cemetery: remains on Dimitras Street.
- Jewish Villa: today houses the public library.
- Romaniote Synagogue: 16 Ioustinianou Street, in the walled city (open only on High Holidays).
- Community Headquarters: 18B Yossef Eliya Street, Tel: 26510 25195.
- Jewish Cemetery: Klissouras and Megalou Alexandrou Streets.
- Holocaust Monument: Soutsou and Karamanli Streets.
- "Evraika" old Jewish Quarter: outside the walled city, off Eliya Street.
- Eliya Str.: named after the celebrated Greek Jewish poet.
- National Gardens: marble bust of the poet Yossef Eliya at "Poets’ Park".
- Municipal Museum: Jewish textiles, parohets and two of the oldest ketuboth in the world.
- Jewish Quarter: remains in the Messaia neighborhood, northwest end of the city.
- Jewish fountain: in the center of the Jewish quarter.
- Plaque from the Cemetery: placed in the central city’s square.
- Jewish Villa: today houses the City Hall, in the city’s main square.
- Jewish Cemetery: Kara-Orman area.
- Holocaust Monument: 15th Merarhias Street.
- Old Synagogue: 4 Alexandrou Diakou Street (today the Municipality’s Cultural Center).
- Jewish Cemetery: Community Exohi.
- Jewish Quarter: in the Pisso Rouga neighborhood.
- Jewish Villa: near the small theater of the Castle.
- "Etz Hayyim" synagogue: Kentavron and 89 Kyprou Street.
- Community headquarters and Cultural Club: 29 Kentavron Street, Square of Jewish Holocaust Martyrs, Tel. and Fax: 2410 532965.
- Jewish Cemetery: 44 Alexandroupoleos Street.
- Anne Frank Square and Monument: Erithrou Stavrou Street.
- Villa Avraam Mousson: Pharmakidou and Palaistinis Street.
- Jewish Elementary School: 9 Skarlatou Street.
- Holocaust Monument: In Anthonas, the park on the main coast road.
- Papaharalambios Public Library: Jewish tombstone inscriptions.
- Jewish Quarter: in the northern side of the Castle.
- Joseph Nassi Street: main street of the Jewish quarter.
- Jewish symbols: in the lintels of Orthodox churches Metamorfosseos Platzas and Saint John Baptist.
- Jewish Quarter: remains, in the Tsivdi neighborhood.
- Jewish Cemetery: on the way to the Customs Office, at the Zavlani area.
- Commemorative plaque: 9 Selefkias Street, hanging at the Social Insurance Institute, on the site of the former Jewish cemetery.
- Synagogue: Dosiadou and Simiou Streets.
- Jewish Community Headquarters: 5 Polidorou Street, Tel: 24210 22364, Fax: 24210 73039.
- Square of Jewish Martyrs: end of Dosiadou Street.
- Jewish Quarter: in the walled city, around the Square of Jewish Martyrs.
- Jewish Cemetery: Rodou Avenue, Kalithea.
- Holocaust Monument: Square of Jewish Martyrs.
- Old Jewish House: Athanasiou Argyrou Street.
- Commemorative plaque: Athanasiou Argyrou Street, in the former Jewish School, today housing a state primary school.
- Thebes Museum: Jewish inscriptions.
- Synagogue: 15 Athanassiou Diakou Street.
- Jewish Community Headquarters and Cultural Center: Socratous and Ploutonos Streets, Tel: 24310 27534.
- Jewish Cemetery: on the national highway crossing the town.
- Synagogue: Merarchias Street, in the Barbouta Jewish quarter.
- Barbouta Jewish Quarter: off the city’s main square.
- Synagogue: Xenophontos and Moisseos Street (open primarily on High Holidays).
- Community Headquarters: Xenophontos and Moisseos Streets, Tel. & Fax: 24210 25302.
- Cultural Club: in the courtyard of the Synagogue.
- Jewish Cemetery: Taxiarchon and Paraskevopoulou Streets, Nea Ionia.
- Forest in the Memory of the Jewish Victims of the Nazis: in the suburb of Nea Ionia.
- Holocaust Monument: Riga Fereou Square.
- Jewish Villa: Venizelou Street, today houses the local army brigade’s office.
- Jewish Cemetery: on the road to the village Peteinos.
- Commemorative plaque: 1 Salaminos Street.
- Monument: In the memory of Metropolitan Chryssostomos and Mayor Loukas Karrer, in the courtyard of the former Synagogue, 44 Tertseti Street.
- Jewish Cemetery: Place Rouveli, on the way to Bohali.